If you like nature, wildlife and, in particular, fish, you should definitely know how to properly care for them. But not everyone imagines what to do if there is a need to transport an aquarium with fish. After all, its transportation is an important issue if you want to deliver it in integrity. Let’s take a closer look at what you need to do and how to properly transport such an aquarium.
PREPARATION FOR TRANSPORT
The first thing you need to know for sure is that it is extremely undesirable to transport the aquarium with its contents (fish, mollusks, plants, and even soil), since they are all important components of the ecosystem that has developed inside. This is especially true for fish, because even slight temperature changes of several degrees can seriously affect the atmosphere and lead to illnesses or even death of living creatures.
During transportation, the container will move, the contents will splash, and the seams and walls may simply not withstand the pressure and break or burst. Therefore, before transporting, the following things are required :
• dismantling of the tank;
• shutdown of all equipment;
• extraction of decoration elements (stones, sand, etc.) and their separate packaging in another container.
It’s not difficult to complete these actions!This process will not take too much time, but you will be sure to deliver the goods to a new place in safety.
TRANSPORTATION OF AQUARIUM WITH PLANTS
- First clean the containers. The roots of algae and other plants need to be left wet, so they should be transported in bags filled with a certain amount of water.
- If you need to transport the cargo a short distance, you need to place the filter fillers (without washing) in a rigid, clean, sealed vessel.
- It is important to remember that the filler must remain moist, but not completely immersed in water. Heaters, pumps, and other components must also be neatly packaged.
- Before transporting the aquarium, pre-pack it in a separate cardboard box of the proper size. Make additional protection for containers with thick cardboard or foam secured with tape.
- You can also order transportation of your aquarium from Titan moving company.
IT”S IMPORTANT WHEN TRANSPORTATION OF AQUARIUM WITH FISH
If you nevertheless decided to transport the container together with its “silent inhabitants”, then you should learn some features of such an event.
A good time for moving cold-water fish is winter; warm-water representatives prefer the warm season. The optimum water temperature for these fish species is as follows:
Useful advice: it is much easier for fish to be transported “in the dark”, so first take care of closing the transparent containers with a lightproof wrapper. This will reduce the need for oxygen in marine life and reduce metabolism. In the winter, the containers should be insulated, and in summer cooled with pieces of ice and other devices.
WHAT TO DO AFTER COMPLETION OF TRANSPORT
After you have delivered the container to its destination, immediately rinse the container thoroughly and fill it with “old” water by 50%, and add the second half with fresh liquid to the required volumes.
Before starting the fish, containers with livestock should be immersed in the newly formed aquarium water, as the temperature in the first and second environment should be the same. After the fish get used to the new habitat, you should transfer 1/3 of the liquid from the tank to another container and add fresh aquarium water. After 15 minutes, the procedure should be repeated. So you will achieve equalization of the chemical composition and temperature of the water, reducing the risk of relocation of marine pets in a new “home” to a minimum.
That’s all you need to know in order for the aquarium with all its contents to be transported in complete safety. Adhering to simple tips, you can achieve the desired results without putting much effort. You are always welcome to contact Titan moving company. We will be happy to help with a move both you and your fish!